Preventative Pet Care in Campbell Hall, NY
Treating Pets in Montgomery & the Surrounding Areas
There are many things you can do to protect your pet’s health, and Otterkill Animal Hospital is here to help you check each one off the list. Keeping your pet healthy overall will greatly increase the length of their life, catch diseases early enough to treat them, and prevent future illnesses or decrease the severity of them, costing you less in the long run.
To learn more about our preventative pet care services in Campbell Hall, call Otterkill Animal Hospital at (845) 205-7059 today.
How to Protect Your Pet’s Health
Veterinary bills can be expensive. Maintaining proper care of your pet and bringing them in for the recommended visits will mean lower vet costs in general because we can detect and treat many diseases and illnesses before drastic measures must be taken.
You can help in preventing future unnecessary veterinary visits by:
- Enrolling in our Wellness Program and scheduling the recommended visits
- Keeping up to date with immunizations
- Administering any suggested and prescribed medications
- Using flea and tick preventative product monthly year round
- Using heartworm preventative product monthly
- Feeding your pet a healthy and nutritious diet
- Brushing your pet’s teeth and fur daily
- Taking your pet on walks and giving them enough exercise
- Regularly getting your pet groomed (how often depends on the individual animal)
Routine Physical Examinations
One of the most important parts of a routine wellness visit is the physical examination. Our veterinarians perform these exams with great care, keeping your pet’s comfort in mind throughout the process.
Our physical exams include a head-to-tail assessment during which we will:
- Check body weight and temperature
- Look at the eyes, ears, and nose
- Check the lymph nodes
- Look in the mouth to assess the health of the teeth and gums
- Evaluate the heart and lungs
- Feel the abdomen to check the internal organs including the kidneys and liver
- Evaluate the muscles, spine, and joints
After the examination, our Campbell Hall veterinarians carefully document their findings and give you their recommendations for any health problems they find.
Save on wellness and preventative care for your pets at all stages of life, click here to learn about our Paws4Wellness programs.
Schedule an appointment today by calling (845) 205-7059.
Generations Continue to Choose OtterkillWhy We Stand Out
Trusted Family Hometown Practice
Our care for pets, span generations as we continue to watch our client's children become clients themselves.
Certified & Accredited
Certified by both the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the New York State Veterinary Medical Society (NYSVMS).
Three Decades of Care
We are ranked at the top 14% of animal hospitals in the country! We have been keeping pets happy and healthy for over 30 years since 1988.
We strive to provide the highest level of veterinary medicine, surgery, and dentistry for all our animal patients in a caring and compassionate manner while fulfilling and exceeding the veterinary health care needs of their human companions.
Real Stories from Real OwnersRead Our Reviews
“The staff and doctors are the most professional, welcoming, caring, sensitive, knowledgeable and skilled that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.”- Eva W.
“This facility is impeccably clean inside and out, always on par and quite reasonable in pricing too.”- Katie N.
“They were extra gentle with my cat who was already scared.”- Luis P.