Puppy Health Program & Vaccination Schedule
Dog Care in Campbell Hall, NY
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! There’s nothing like the love of a warm, fuzzy puppy. We want to help you keep your puppy healthy and happy. Regularly scheduled vaccinations are important for building your puppy’s immunity to several serious dog diseases. The examination we perform at each visit will also help us detect any common puppy-hood problems or illnesses. Remember that we are always happy to answer questions you have about raising your puppy; please feel free to bring a list with you or call at any time. Our team accepts patients from Campbell Hall, Montgomery, and the surrounding areas.
Your puppy’s annual examination is crucial to ensure their overall health. Our dog veterinarians in Campbell Hall will examine your puppy from the tip of his nose to the tip of tail, searching for any potential health problems. This annual exam is your best way to keep your loved one in tip-top health. Growing puppies especially need several examinations during the first few months of their life since their bodies are constantly changing.
Below is a schedule of visits and vaccinations that we ask you to follow.
6-8 weeks old:
- First examination
- First DHLPP (Distemper; Hepatitis; Leptospirosis; Parvovirus; Parainfluenza)
- Bring a fresh stool sample so we may check for intestinal parasites; refrigerate the sample
9-12 weeks old:
- Second examination
- Second DHLPP. This is done 3-4 weeks after the first DHLPP
12+ weeks old:
- Rabies vaccination and examination. This first rabies vaccination is good for only one year; subsequent vaccinations last for three years. Bring a fresh stool sample so we may check for intestinal parasites; refrigerate the sample
13-16 weeks old:
- Third examination
- Third DHLPP. This is done 3-4 weeks after the second vaccination
- The DHLPP vaccine will last for one year and will then need to be boostered at regular intervals. This booster concludes the series of routine puppy vaccinations.
If a puppy starts the series at an early age, four vaccinations may be needed; if it starts at a later age, two vaccinations may be needed in the series.
Schedule an appointment for a puppy exam or vaccine in Campbell Hall by calling (845) 205-7059.
“The staff and doctors are the most professional, welcoming, caring, sensitive, knowledgeable and skilled that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.”- Eva W.
“This facility is impeccably clean inside and out, always on par and quite reasonable in pricing too.”- Katie N.
“They were extra gentle with my cat who was already scared.”- Luis P.