(HOURS UPDATED 7.12.2020)
Pets are family and we know how important it is for them to receive necessary care when they need it. During this time, Otterkill Animal Hospital remains open and committed to serving all pets in our community while keeping the safety of our staff and clients a priority.
Beginning July 12th, we have temporarily adjusted our hours to the following:
Every other Wednesday: 9am-1pm
Thursday: 9am-5pm (surgery only)
Every other Saturday: 9am-1pm
(845) 427 – 2854
For now, we are offering curbside check-in and check-out services. All communication regarding the exam, estimates, and diagnostic results will take place over the phone.
Here is what you can expect from our curbside service:
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and give us a call at (845) 427 – 2854. At this time, our staff will ask you questions about your pet's medical history (symptoms including length of time, medications given etc.), and obtain a reliable call back phone number.
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle to take your pet in to the hospital for evaluation while you remain in your car. If you have a dog, we will place our own leash on your dog to escort them to the treatment area. We ask that you remain on the premises while your pet is examined and treated.
- The veterinarian will perform a full exam, then will call you on the number you provided to discuss their exam findings any concerns you may have, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, and any other information involved.
- After approved treatments are completed, a staff member will return your pet directly to your vehicle and go over at home care instructions.
- We prefer to handle payment over the phone using a credit card or Care Credit. However, if you need to pay by cash or check, please let the staff know ahead of time so they can prepare to meet you at your car to collect payment.
Please give us a call at (845) 427 – 2854, if you are unsure if your pet should be seen by a veterinarian.
We take the health and well-being of our clients, patients and staff very seriously and want to make sure we are at our best to care for your pets during COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and allowing us to continue to serve you and your pet during this challenging time.
The veterinarians and staff of Otterkill Animal Hospital
“The staff and doctors are the most professional, welcoming, caring, sensitive, knowledgeable and skilled that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.”- Eva W.
“This facility is impeccably clean inside and out, always on par and quite reasonable in pricing too.”- Katie N.
“They were extra gentle with my cat who was already scared.”- Luis P.