Casey Kenny Teri Zgoda Justin Zgoda Molly Miller
What is a kennel attendant?
A kennel attendant is someone who assists the members of the veterinary team with everyday activities.
What does a kennel attendant do?
On a typical day a Veterinary Assistant working with smalls animals, for example dogs, cats, birds, and reptiles, in a clinical practice will:
- Care for hospitalized patients, such as walking dogs
- Clean the hospital at the end of the day, and as needed
- Clean patient cages/kennels
- Laundry duties
- May help restrain patients
- Restock the hospital supplies
- Assist any members of the veterinary team throughout the day.